By order of Sir Titus Salt Bart.
- Only persons of ‘good moral character’, who are deemed either too old or unable to labour, will be admitted.
- Inmates must be destitute and have no where else to live.
- Occupants will receive free accommodation and a weekly pension, 7/6d for a single person and 10/- for a married couple.
- Each house is to be kept clean by, or at the expense of the occupant.
- Any damage to any of the houses, fixtures or furniture, must be made good by the occupant, or otherwise the cost thereof will be deducted from the weekly allowance……….
- The founder will make a periodical inspection of the Almshouses…………..
- No clothes are to be hung out to dry in front of any of the houses.
- Nor shall any inmate take in washing, or carry on trade or business of any kind.
- None of the inmates…..shall underlet the tenement assigned to him……or take any person to lodge or reside therein, without the written permission of the founder……..
- No inmate shall absent themselves from the Almshouses for a period exceeding 48 hours, without the express written consent of the founder……………