By Order of Sir Titus Salt Bart
- The timing of closing will be indicated each day by the ringing of a bell.
- No person will be allowed to enter or remain while in a state of intoxication.
- No child under the age of eight years will be admitted, except in care of an adult.
- No dog will be admitted…unless led with a chain or string.
- No horse, ass or mule will be admitted.
- Visitors are not to interfere with the cannons or flagpole….nor to throw or leave about any orange peel.
- ‘No music, singing, preaching, lecture or public discussion, and no meeting for the purpose of making any religious or political demonstration will be allowed without the written sanction of the firm’.’
- No stone throwing, disorderly and indecorous conduct, profane and indecent language, gambling or pitch & toss.
- Soliciting of alms is strictly prohibited.
- ‘No wine, beer, spirits,or intoxicating drinks are to be consumed in the park’.
- ‘Smoking is not allowed in the alcoves, nor spitting on the paths’.
- ‘The playgrounds are not to be used on Sundays’.
Rules For Living In Saltaire Village 1853-1876
Rules To Be Observed By The Hands Employed In Salts Mill 1853-1876
Rules For Living In Saltaire Almshouses 1868-1876